- Review and advise on the creation of deed restrictions, articles of incorporation and bylaws from a management perspective.
- Review and advise on development plans from a maintenance and management perspective.
- Prepare an initial operating budget and advise on initial maintenance fees.
- Communicate with the IRS and the state controller in establishing the association.
- Negotiate with contractors for services.
- Obtain proposals for all necessary insurance.
- Prepare welcome packages and homeowner association information.
- Organize annual and special meetings of owners, and meetings of the developer and/or board of directors of the association, including the preparation of notices, agendas and other necessary documents.
- Guide and assist the board in the development of policies and procedures.
- Guide and assist members of the board in the performance of their obligations.
- Advise and assist in the administration of the provisions of the governing documents.
- Keep all records of the affairs of the association and the board, including the declaration, articles of incorporation, by-laws, rules and regulations, resolutions, policies, minutes of the meetings, copies of contracts, etc. All these records belong to the association.
- Maintain registers of owners, officers and directors and such other registers or schedules as required by the governing documents.
- Attend to all necessary correspondence on behalf of the board.
- Resolve individual owner requests as they pertain to the administration of the association, its common elements and governing “rules and regulations”.
- Administer the association’s insurance portfolio including the filing of all claims.
- Prepare an annual budget. the budget is generally based on prior operating expenditures, estimated future expenses and required capital replacement reserves.
- Account for assessments and all other charges due by the owners.
- Maintain checking, savings and other banking accounts in the name of the association.
- Bank accounts are maintained separately from all other client accounts.
- Notify owners of any delinquency and take reasonable action for the collection of the delinquent assessments as determined by the board.
- Make all disbursements from assessments collected for normal recurring expenses as provided in the budget and as approved by the board.
- Furnish monthly and year-end financial reports prepared on a modified accrual basis, which include all income and expenses and reflect the net cash position of the association.
- Assess the developer for deficit funding associations and provide the necessary information on a timely basis to ensure adequate and timely funding.
- Assist in the annual audit of the association.
Physical Property Services
- As directed by the developer and/or board of directors authorize and facilitate those activities which are necessary to maintain the property.
- Coordinate the activities of association employees required for the operation and maintenance of the property.
Architectural Review Services
- Regularly inspect the property. observe, record and monitor deed restriction violations and contractor performance.
- Establish, coordinate and provide the administrative and secretarial functions of the architectural review committee (ARC), including preparation, review and approval of architectural applications, correspondence with owners requesting arc compliance or completion of applications, and all necessary correspondence related to the arc.